Regional Powerlifting in Philomath
The 2023 Special Olympics Oregon Winter Regional Games Powerlifting in Philomath will take place in a few days on Sunday, April 16, 2023.
We are excited to be back to in-person competition and look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Big thanks to United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Oregon for providing the judges for this competition, Salem Power and Barbell for supplying the equipment and support crew, to Philomath HS for hosting, and to our coaches for your hard work to prepare your lifters this season.
Below and attached is UPDATED information to assist you with your planning. Please review and share this with your coaches, athletes, families, and local program volunteers. If you have any questions, please reach out in advance so that we can help provide support as needed.
2023 Special Olympics Oregon Winter Regional Games Powerlifting
Competition Date: Sunday, April 16, 2023
Philomath HS – Main Gym
2054 Applegate St
Philomath, OR 97370
Participating local programs: Benton, Eugene/Springfield, Josephine, Linn, Klamath, Marion
Attached UPDATED Documents:
- Powerlifting – Philomath – Divisions & Flights MASTER LIST as of 13apr23 (PDF)
- Powerlifting – Philomath Divisions & Flights MASTER LIST as of 13apr23 (Excel)
- Events by Idea – Merchandise Flyer
- Results (PDF)
- Results (Excel)
Schedule of Events (subject to change):
2023 Special Olympics Oregon Regional Powerlifting – 4/16/23
General Schedule of Events (subject to change)
8:00am – 9:00am Coach/Team Check-in
9:00am – 10:00am Warm-ups/Squat Rack Height
9:00am Officials Meeting & Meet Review
9:30am Head Coaches Meeting
10am – 4pm Competition and Awards*
(Squat – 3 flights, Bench – 3 flights, Deadlift – 3 flights)
Welcome Ceremony & Lunch Break Between Squat and Bench
*Awards will be conducted at the conclusion of all competition
- LUNCH – Lunch will be provided to all registered delegates (athletes and coaches) and volunteers by Jersey Mike’s Subs and will include a limited number of gluten-free and vegan options. If anyone in your delegation has other dietary restrictions, please plan to pack a meal for them. We also advise that you bring additional snacks and beverages.
- CONCESSIONS – No concessions will be available at this event. There are several stores and restaurants within a short driving distance from the venue.
- MERCHANDISE – Events By Idea will be on site to sell custom SOOR-branded merchandise including t-shirts, hoodies, hats, and more. See attached flyer.
- PARKING – There should be plenty of parking in the school lot. Please follow signage to the entrance. Competition will take place in the main gym.
COSTUME (UNIFORM) & EQUIPMENT REMINDERS
- Please review the Special Olympics Oregon Sports Rules and Guidelines to ensure that each lifter has the proper gear to compete. If you have any questions or need assistance, please work with your Local Program Coordinator and SOOR Program staff contact.
OPENING LIFTS & OTHER COMPETITION UPDATES & REMINDERS
- Thank you for submitting opening lifts for each of your athletes prior to competition. Head coaches will have the opportunity to update these at the day of competition, if needed.
- This meet will be conducted using POUNDS (lbs.). Most teams submitted entries in POUNDS. Any lifter who submitted a score in KILOs was converted to POUNDS. This is reflected on the MASTER LIST.
- Expeditor Cards will be provided to be completed for each lifter. We will review the process on how to complete and submit during coach meeting. Staff and officials will be available to assist throughout the competition as well.
- Reminder – once an athlete attempts a lift at a certain weight, that athlete cannot drop down to a lower weight on future attempts.
- If you have athletes with 1:1 or other support needs beyond the published rules, please inform SOOR in advance (via email preferred) so that we can assist with proper accommodation. We want to run a proper meet but plan to be flexible as we return to in-person powerlifting competition for the first time in several years.
- NOTE: Wilkes formula will NOT be used for regional competition in 2023. This is reflected in 2023 SOOR Powerlifting Rules.
ON-SITE SOOR STAFF CONTACTS:
- Mark Hanken – 971.404.1322
- Curtis Everetts – 503.931.0953
- LouAnne Tabada – 503.319.1182
- Taylor Strain – 937.417.4455
See you Sunday. Safe travels!