Welcome to the Washington County Local Program page.
Contact Washington County
Become an Athlete
Athlete Application for Participation / Medical Form - You must have a valid Athlete Medical form on file before participating in any Special Olympics Oregon events, practices or competitions. A new medical form must be completed every three years.
During times of COVID-19 - Please make sure that you complete your Medical Form, The COVID-19 Code of Conduct and the COVID-19 Waiver and send back to your Local Program. These documents will be valid for three years.
Welcome back Washington County! We missed you.
We are rolling along in the year with our Fall Sports- Bowling, Swimming, and Soccer.
Up next, Winter Sports 2023- Basketball, Power Lifting, and club sports TBD!
For the most up to date information, watch for us on Facebook- Special Olympics Oregon- Washington County
- Email email@example.com with any registration or medical questions!
Bowling- (Registration Closed)
- Sundays 1100-1200 PM at Park Lanes in Hillsboro
- Regionals VIRTUAL (Competition day Oct 23)
- Last Day Oct 30th- Halloween Party!
- Wednesdays 6-7:30 at Ron Tonkin Field, Hillsboro Stadium Complex.
- Start Date Sept 14.
- Regional Providence Park Nov 19 & 20
- Team get together and dance Nov 19th at Providence Park.
- Sundays 1000-1200 at Shute Pool in Hillsboro
- Start Date Sept 25th.
- Regionals Nov 6th at THPRD Beaverton Aquatic Center.
We need Assistant Coaches!
Reach out for more information and/or complete the class A application (link at bottom of this page).
Activities may be limited based on volunteer availability and required athlete to coach ratios (4 athletes to each coach). If we do not get enough volunteers/coaches sports will be capped or possibly cancelled all together.
Stay engaged by joining our SOOR Active Facebook group! SOOR Active is an athlete-driven at home fitness community focused on health and wellness resources for the Special Olympics Oregon community. Watch for online Yoga, Cooking Lessons, and more! Click here to join our SOOR Active community today!
Local Program Events
- Oct 15- Hiking Club
- Oct 23- Bowling regionals
- Oct 31- Bowling last day- Halloween Party!
- Nov 6- Swimming Regional @ Beaverton Swim Center
- Nov 19 & 20- Soccer Regionals, Providence Park
- Dec 17- Winter County Bingo Fundraiser/Registration Event
- March 11- Polar Plunge! Join our team- https://support.soor.org/team/454797
Your Local Program Team
Katie Bomberger and James FitzPatrick - Local Program Coordinators | firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Nieslanik - Volunteer Coordinator | email@example.com
Mark & Paula Shanders - Equipment Managers | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Lange - Registration Coordinator | email@example.com
Mike Lange - Sports Manager | wash.cty.sportsmgr@gmail.
Want to see your name here??
FUNdraising Coordinator, Finance Manager, Medicals Manager, and more! The more the merrier!
Class A Volunteer
All volunteers who have close contact with athletes or who handle the financial assets of Special Olympics Oregon must complete a Class A volunteer application. This includes coaches, chaperones, Unified Partners and Local Program Management members. Volunteers need to complete the Class A Volunteer process which includes an online application, background check and online trainings.
Click on the link below to complete the application process and trainings. The system will automatically guide you through the appropriate modules for adults and minors.