Welcome to the Benton County Local Program page.
Become an Athlete
Athlete Application for Participation / Medical Form - You must have a valid Athlete Medical form on file before participating in any Special Olympics Oregon events, practices or competitions. A new medical form must be completed every three years.
Class A Volunteer
All volunteers who have close contact with athletes or who handle the financial assets of Special Olympics Oregon must complete a Class A volunteer application. This includes coaches, chaperones, Unified Partners and Local Program Management members. Volunteers need to complete the Class A Volunteer process which includes an online application, background check and online trainings.
Click on the link below to complete the application process and trainings. The system will automatically guide you through the appropriate modules for adults and minors.
Fall Season 2023
Local program medical packet deadline for Fall season: 9/1/2023
- If you will miss the medical packet deadline please contact Kathy Hinz at: email@example.com
Fall season on-line sign-ups were availble 8/1-8/15 and are now closed. If you missed the deadline please contact Kathy Hinz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Sports/practices/competitions are subject to change based on facility availability, volunteers and athlete sign-ups
- Congratulations on a great season! Our bowling team competed on 10/29 and will receive their awards at our End of Season celebration on 11/20.
- Good luck at your competition on November 18-19th in Portland!
- Congratulations on a great season! Our swim team competed on 11/4 and had a great meet!
- Good Luck at your competition on November 18-19th in Portland!
- Walking Club
- Thank you for a great season!
Winter Season 2023
Winter season on-line sign-ups will be open 12/15-12/31.
- Practices are either Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays - it depends on what team you are placed onto.
- Practice times are either 6:00pm-7:00pm or 7:15pm - 8:30pm
- Practice Location: Leticia Carson Elementary School
- Practice start week: 1/22/2024
- Power Lifting
- Practice details TBA
- Practice details TBA
Local Program Events
End of Season Celebration
- Date: 11/20
- Location: Elk's Lodge in Corvallis
- A chance for our Fall sports teams to come together and celebrate a great season!
Your Local Program Team
Mike Weaver - Local Program Co-Coordinator, Volunteer Co-Coordinator | email@example.com
Kathy Hinz - Local Program Co-Coordinator, Medicals Manager, Volunteer Co-Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
Teri Wilkinson - Finance Manager, Fundraising Manager | email@example.com
Mandy Dyer - Sports Manager, Equipment Manager