Summer Virtual Games Volunteer Opportunities
Our athletes are training virtually in their sports - athletics, fitness, golf, soccer and e-sports! We're excited to have opportunities for our volunteers to engage in virtually and support our athletes!
- All opportunities are listed below.
- You do not need to register to volunteer.
- Choose the activities that you want to participate in and follow the instructions outlined.
Create Encouraging Videos
Volunteer to Cheer!
- Submit a video to cheer on the athletes by using #SOORvirtualgames or posting on SOOR Active.
- Videos can be messages of encouragement, good luck, great jobs, your favorite SOOR memory, anything encouraging!
- Post your video and share the link with friends and family.
- You can post throughout the season!
- We’ll have a daily theme during Spirit Week (July 26-30) so be sure and check back then to post some fun theme related videos!
- These videos will be shared on our website and in other content during Summer Virtual Games.
Be Virtual Fans in the Stands!
- This is for groups of fans!
- Gather your group for a zoom call and bring the noise and enthusiasm to record a message as part of our Virtual Fans in the Stands!
- Post your video on flipgrid: flipgrid.com/soorstate or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- These calls will be also be shared during Spirit Week.
- Need assistance recording your call? Email email@example.com and we can join your meeting!
Be a Social Media Advocate
Join our SOOR Active Facebook Group and share with our athletes and volunteers.
Post on social media using the hashtag #SOORVIRTUALGAMES #SOORSTATE to begin connecting with our athletes and other volunteers and for the chance to be featured on @soorstate social channels.
Make Cheer Cards!
Get your creative skills going and share your best cheer cards for our athletes!
During the Season ...
Make cheer cards of encouragement for our athletes during the season.
Once you are done creating your cards, share them in these ways:
- post the pictures on Facebook/Twitter using the hashtag #SOORVIRTUALGAMES
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll post your cards
Congratulatory cards - to go with awards
Make cheer cards that will be sent to the athletes with their awards at the end of the season.
Mail them to our office, and we will mail them to the athletes with their awards. Note - cards must be received by July 12th.
Special Olympics Oregon
8313 SW Cirrus Dr.
Beaverton, OR 97008
Guidelines for Cheer Cards
Make it postcard size ... cut paper/cardstock into four pieces (4.25 x 5.5)
Be creative when making the postcards.
You can draw things, write with different fonts, use colorful markers, write sports quotes, etc.
Cards can say "congratulations" "way to go" "you're a superstar" etc