Regional Softball in Albany
2023 Special Olympics Oregon Summer Regional Games Softball in Albany on Sunday, July 23, 2023.
Programs Invited to this Regional: Benton, Cottage Grove, Curry, Douglas, Eugene/Springfield, Grant, Harney, High Desert, Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, Linn, Lincoln, Polk, South Coast + ALL UNIFIED TEAMs
- 2023 SOOR Summer Regional Softball VENUE MAPS
- 2023 SOOR Albany Softball Brackets
- 2023 SOOR Softball Rules and Guidelines
- 2023 SOOR Albany Softball Schedule
- YMCA Albany- 3201 Pacific Blvd SW Albany, OR, 97321
- Bryant Park Softball Complex- 801 Bryant Way SW Albany, OR 97321
Please note that ALL UNIFIED teams will compete at Bryant Park
Traditional, Coach Pitch, and Skills will be happening at YMCA Albany
2023’s Softball Regional will be held at 2 different locations, Bryant Park and YMCA Albany. Below is a list of which teams are playing at which location. Please report to the location that your team is assigned to, there will be two different Opening Ceremonies to kick off competition.
Bryant Park Softball Complex:
- Multnomah Golden bears
- Polk Mariners
- Pacific Boxers
- Lincoln Ospreys
- Washington Jaguars
- Benton Jedi
- Linn Honey Badgers
- Benton Bobcats
- ESSO Emeralds
- Linn Inclusion Bulldogs
- Douglas Hornets
- ESSO Lightning
- Josephine Crushers
- Josephine Rock Stars
- Douglas Yellow Jackets
- High Desert
Below is a tentative general schedule of events to help you with your travel plans. I am attaching a more detailed schedule to this email.
GENERAL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS – subject to change
8:30am to 9:00am Coach Check-in at HQ Tent
9:15am Coaches’ Meeting
9:40am Opening Ceremonies
10:00am to 4:00pm Competition & Awards
12:30am to 1:30pm Lunch Served
The weather forecast calls for very hot temperatures in the afternoon (potentially reaching the mid-90s). Therefore, Special Olympics Oregon will look into adjusting the competition schedule to finish before the hottest part of the day. These changes are intended to reduce the overall time spent in the sun and heat while still allowing for competition to safely take place. This could mean limiting innings played per game.
Heat + Health & Safety Reminders:
- With temperatures expected to be in the 90s on Sunday, Special Olympics Oregon will continue to monitor conditions and make decisions about changes to the current schedule accordingly.
- Special Olympics Oregon uses the Oregon Scholastic Activities Association (OSAA) Heat Index Guidelines to help inform decisions about when to change schedules or cancel events.
- There are many factors that go into final decisions and some changes may be made as late as the day of event – if conditions warrant.
- We will have medical volunteers on site to help support any general injuries, illness, or heat-related issues.
- SOOR will consult with our medical teams, facilities representatives, and sport officials when making on-site heat-related decisions that may impact the schedule.
- We will also keep open communication with coaches throughout the days leading up to the event and during the event.
- Water will be available throughout the event, but teams are encouraged to bring additional water bottles, coolers, and cooling towels to help stay hydrated and safe.
- Please continue to hydrate in the days leading up to the event.
SOOR STAFF ON SITE AT EVENT:
- Curtis Everetts, Director of Sports – 503.931.0953 (mobile)
- Mark Hanken, COO – 971.404.1322 (mobile) – lead staff
- Stephanie Hastings, Director of Volunteer Services – 909.214.2459 (mobile)
- LouAnne Tabada, Sr. Director of Program & Volunteer Services – 503.319.1182 (mobile)
- Taylor Strain, Director of Program & Volunteer Services – 937.417.4455 (mobile)
Good luck to athletes and coaches as you train and prepare for this competition.