Regional Athletics in Ashland
The 2023 Special Olympics Oregon Summer Regional Games Athletics competition at Southern Oregon University will take place on Saturday, July 8th, 2023.
Below and attached is some UPDATED information to assist you with your planning. Please review carefully and share this with your athletes, coaches, and supporters. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know ASAP. Please communicate any corrections or updates by replying to this email email@example.com or calling/texting me at (503) 931-0953 (mobile).
- UPDATED Venue Map – Southern Oregon University Raider Stadium
- Schedule & Order of Events – UPDATED as of 5july2023
- MASTER LIST Alphabetical by Delegation PDF
- MASTER LIST Alphabetical by Delegation Excel
Participating local programs: Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, Klamath, and South Coast
Southern Oregon University Raider Stadium
378 Wightman Street
Ashland, OR 97520
Below is a general schedule of events to help you with your travel plans.
GENERAL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS – subject to change
8:30am Coach Check-in
9:00am EARLY START for Field Events*
9:15am Coaches meeting
9:40am Opening Ceremonies
10:00am Competition Begins on Track + continues in Field Events
11:45am 12:45pm Lunch break for all at Track
2:00pm Competition ends (may change due to participation counts)
* To help beat the heat, we will be opening the Field Event pits starting at 9:00am. This is an hour earlier than originally scheduled. To support this early start, we are asking for additional competition assistance from some coaches. Please let us know if you have any coaches who would be available.
Other Important Information:
Souvenirs- Merchandise will be available to purchase from Events by Idea on the day of the event.
Concessions- No concession stands will be open during the event, please plan on bringing snacks to eat throughout the day.
Young Athletes- This Regional will NOT feature a Young Athletes clinic.
Weather- Temperatures will be in the High 80s during the weekend of our competition. Please be sure to hydrate, bring extra water, and wear protective clothing/hats and sunscreen.
Athletics + Bocce Competitions Happening at Same Time
- It will be an exciting day in Ashland! Athletics and Bocce will be happening at the same time at Raider Stadium.
- Bocce competition will take place on the turf field inside of the track.
- Please always look before you cross the track.
SOOR STAFF ON SITE AT EVENT:
- Mark Hanken, COO – 971.404.1322 (mobile) – lead staff at bocce
- Joe Harvey, VP of Program & Volunteer Services – 815.990.6003 (mobile)
- LouAnne Tabada, Sr. Director of Program & Volunteer Services – 503.319.1182 (mobile)
- Curtis Everetts, Director of Sports – 503.931.0953 (mobile) – lead staff at athletics
Best wishes with your final preparations. Safe travels. We look forward to seeing everyone in person!